Sunday 28 March 2021

Flourless Eggless Banana Brownies

I came across this recipe on the google feed one day on my phone. Totally healthy, made with few ingredients - that is what made this recipe attractive. And I immediately book marked it.


Now all that was left was to have six ripe bananas to try it out. And about a month later, I had about 14 small yelakki bananas that I had to use up. So I decided to try this bookmarked recipe out.

Recipe (Makes 25 small bites)
Ingredients
6 - large ripe bananas (I used 14 small bananas - yelakki) 
1 cup - peanut butter (I used natural unsweetened peanut butter)
1 tbsp - honey
1/2 cup - cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
Topping (optional)
1/2 cup - Chocolate chips
2 tbsp - Nutella/Hershey's spread

Method
Line an 8" square pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. 
Measure and blend all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Add a dash of water in case the peanut butter gets stuck. Natural peanut butter is sticky and can be very tricky to blend. 
Once you have a smooth paste, pour into the prepared 8 inch square pan. Spread the nutella/hazelnut spread if using. Sprinkly the chocolate chips if using. 

Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C. 

Remove from pan only after it has completely cooled. 

Cut into 5 cm square pieces. Store in an airtight container preferably refrigerated for a couple of days. 

                                          
Verdict
When just pulled out of the oven, the brownies look like they are not done. However as the pan cools down, it does harden up. These have a fudgy chewy texture. I think if you were to use Robusta Bananas, you can skip the honey.
I also think the Nutella/hershey's can be skipped. I plan to try with Robusta banana and skipping the Nutella spread on top. 






No comments: