Monday 21 November 2011

Eggless Oats Brownies

 I have mentioned in my previous posts that eggless bakes are a hit with folks at home. This one has oats as one of its ingredients, so it immediately took my fancy. I found this recipe on Divya's blog long back. I baked these for my daughters snack time at school.
Eggless Oats Brownies
Recipe adapted from Divya's blog (divyascookbook.blogspot.com)
Ingredients

Whole wheat flour/Atta - 1 1/2 cups
Oats - 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Dark Chocolate - 150 gms,melted and cooled
Dark Brown Sugar - 4 tbsp[I used white sugar]
Milk - 2 cups
Sunflower Oil - 5 tbsp

Method

Preheat oven to 180C--Grease/line an 8' square cake pan.
In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, oats, cocoa powder and baking powder.
In another bowl, mix together milk, sugar and oil.
Mix the liquid ingredients into the flour mix slowly.
Fold in the melted chocolate.
Transfer the batter into the pan and smooth the tops with a spatula.
Bake for 25 minutes,the centre will still be soft at this stage.
Place the pan on a rack and cool completely in the pan
When completely cool,cut into 16 squares.



Verdict: This one was a winner from the start. Eggless, whole wheat with dark chocolate. Oats are the added bonus in this recipe. This is definitely on my bake-often list :)
priya's signature image at photobucket

No comments: