Saturday 14 May 2011

Indian Biscuit

Well I really did not know that the Indian Biscuit is called Nankhatai until I saw the recipe for this item in most blogs that I follow.

I usually follow Divya's Atta Nankhatai recipe. This is a weekly snack bake for my little girl. But apparently, this little girl got bored of the same biscuit over the last few months that she stopped eating it. Knowing how much ghee, flour and sugar goes in, we were really apprehensive about consuming all of it. So I had given it a break for a few weeks. Recently Divya has made the maida nankhatais based on Raaga's recipe. Boy, wasn't I tempted to bake these looking at the pictures ;). Well I did  and here are the biscuits.

 I kept these only for 15 minutes at 180 degree celcuis and still they browned quite a bit. Maybe the mixing was not exactly as per the recipe? I did not cream the ghee and sugar. Instead I mixed the sugar and maida and then added ghee. I will follow the recipe to the dot next time and see how it turns out.
priya's signature image at photobucket



No comments: